Tuesday 17 June 2014

Back in Training

The only time I've done a load of training for the Camino was when we did our first, back in 2010 when I walked quite a bit beforehand in the mountains around us, here in Catalunya. This year, what with our late decision to go on another Camino and other constraints training will be minimal again. A few walks along the coast should up my fitness level a little, then the first day back on the Way will sort us out. 


This morning I set out on a walk along the coastal path to Sitges with Karen, also on hols from Supernova. We met at the monument at the bottom of the Rambla, and after sorting out Karen's parking we were on our way.


The weather wasn't too hot, enough to make us sweat a little when climbing the slopes, but cloudy enough for protection. 



 It was great to walk, chat and think, with a like-minded person. IN no time we were in Sitges, where we had a light lunch of tapas. 


I left the decision about our mode of transport back to VnG down to Karen. She bravely chose walking, so back along the coast we walked. I'm pretty sure Karen enjoyed the walk and the chat, but I'm guessing she may be aching a bit in the morrow! Well it is around 20kms there and back, mas o menos, almost a full Camino's day walking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment