Sunday 8 June 2014

It's time...

to dust off this blog a little and get ready for this year's adventure....


For the past few month's Jane and I had said we wouldn't do a Camino this year because of other commitments, but then I was browsing on the internet and a Camino site popped up, as they do, and I thought: 'Why can't we go?' another thought followed swiftly on 'Those who do do, those who don't want to make excuses.' I immediately messaged Janey and asked if she wanted to walk. She did, I did, and we're going -it's as easy as that. 

These feet were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do...
Camino 2014 

So at this point I need to say something. *stands up* "My name is Mark, and I am a Camino junkie!* There I've said it. The thought of not walking this year was bringing me down. Now we've hatched our plan, and are setting it in motion I am happy. Part of that is because I have walked the coastal route from VnG to Sitges this morning and connected with the wonderful nature that is around here too. 

Over the past couple of days we've decided on a route- we're going to walk our favourite part of the Camino Frances -Five days walking from Logroño to Burgos. It's between 125 and 130 kms- averaging at about 25kms a day - should be easy enough. We now have to decided and set dates, but we're planning on going sooner rather than later, so probably the end of this month... Interested in our upcoming journey? From here on in I shall post daily updates on where we're at, both before we set off and during our walk, simply sign up and see what we're up to ... Buen Camino Janey, as we say on The Way. 

2 comments:

  1. Have fun. Looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm sure we will -and yes there will be loads of photos.

      Delete