Thursday 3 July 2014

DAY FIVE - Belorado to Ages.

The start was a bit difficult this morning with a painful ankle. Then a voice said 'take it easy'.  I listened and changed into my sandals (yes with socks) and slowed my pace. The pain subsided and became more manageable allowing us to arrive here in Ages about an hour ago. 

The Walk between Belorado and here is spectacular.  Normally the views are breathtaking but today most of the way was shrouded in cloud.  So we couldn't see far ahead but what we could see and feel was awesome.  Energy fills this area of the Camino and my hands were tingling/vibrating as we walked through the woods and Meadows. 

We are in same albergue as 2010 which is fantastic.  My whole body is picking up on the energy here and I know that I will be recharged before we leave.  Feeling relaxed is an understatement.  I am so chilled I don't think anything could rile me.  This is such a wonderful feeling. 

There is a storm blowing around the mountains which is adding to the electric atmosphere.  If it comes this way I think we will be in for quite a show. 

Later I shall visit the church.  If you've read my book you'll know the why and wherefore of that.  If you haven't 'why not'?

Memories  and memories of memories are filling my head,  some from our last visit, others from who knows when.  But I know I've been he me than just the once.

Will I return again?  Let's see what I find in the church. 

2 comments:

  1. There is such peace in your writing, Mark. I feel peaceful and content in my heart simply from connecting with your post. Thank You. Glad you 'took it easy'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank s for following our journey, Michelle. As you know walking brings me peace - and thi part of the camino especially

      Delete