Saturday 5 July 2014

DAY SIX - Ages to Burgos

The sign as you come into Ages days let our town enchant you.  And oh boy can it!

Whilst wandering around town soaking up the energy I took a load of photos but when I tried to play them back later they had all got errors.  Not one of my photos of Ages after the sign has been saved successfully.  I'm guessing the town wants to keep its secrets. 
I had the best night's sleep on the Camino, this time,  in our funny old dormitory in the eaves of the pink house.  We even slept in till six!

Once again I wasn't keen to leave Ages and had heavy feet. Our morning starts are usually quite quick.  This morning we took it more slowly than ever before, my mind was constantly slipping back. 

Around nine we stopped for breakfast and first of all were joined by a friendly little dog who was more than happy to share my croissant, and actually ended up having more than me.  Then another couple, well 3, pilgrims joined us,  and as we got into conversion it turned out that one of them, Cue (Q) was living in Brighton! The others were from Cambridge (Anna, originally from the Ukraine) and Mississippi (John-Mark).

Arriving in Burgos we found our hotel (us a bit of luxury for our last night) and we were amazed that it was owned and run by the same place as where we ate in 2010 for Laila's last meal!

Burgos is currently in the middle of a summer fiesta and is very busy.  It is a beautiful city but a little overwhelming after being on the Camino for a few days.  I thought I would be keen to keep walking when we got here but have found that I am content to stop and am looking forward to going home. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment